14 April, 2010

One Word In Common: God

As I read through everyone's blogs, I feel the need to write my own. But, what about?

I read:
Chris and Mel's Blogs: Full of learning to love one another and God.
Livingston Blogs: Full of struggles as well as the overcoming of those, with God.
Tisha's Blogs: Successes and failures of seven kiddos= with God.
Stephanie and Elizabeth's Blogs: Their journeys on drawing closer to God.
Alyssa's Blogs: Her updates of her beautiful life with Chad and God.
Joel's Blogs: His updates of California life and the presence of God.

Truth is, we all have something in common. The big, three letter word: GOD. Through our struggles... Through our joy... Through our pain... Through our laughter... Through our lives... Through our love... Through our everything... GOD. This got me thinking...

God is here. With each person. In each way. He meets every need. He wipes away every tear. He brightens the corners of every smile as well as the frowns. I have the opportunity to read about the way He is working in every single one of our lives. Through every little thing. In every little way. God is overwhelming. God is all knowing. God is all seeing. God loves all. Not only is He working in us but, He is working through us too. Every single one of us. Whether we believe it or not. I am learning this more every day. As I had a discussion with a friend last night, he helped me to realize that there is more to life than the what the world says. To have happiness, and a sense of being content, we need to grasp onto God. Grasp, hold tight, don't let go. Through everything. Because He's not going to let go of us.

With this talk with my friend came the realization that I am not alone. I feel lonely. I feel frightened. (Loneliness is was my biggest fear.) I am learning to overcome that fear. By the blood of the lamb. In my life, I am not alone. I am not alone. Yes, I will feel lonely. But, I am never alone. God is here. Every step. Every hop. Every skip. Every jump. Every trip. Every fall.

And, even though we're miles apart, I have friends. I have friends who love me. Even if I am states away from home. I am learning to rely only on God. But, I am also learning that there are people in my life that are put here for a reason. They will be here too. Every step, hop, jump, trip, and fall.

Thank you Dad, Mom, Melodie, Zachary, Alyssa, Stephanie, Ryan, LaKeisha, Chris, Wooree, Taylor, Joel, Audrey, Aaron, Becca, Jelissa, Kristie, Monica, Tisha, Elizabeth, JC, Renae, Kim, Dillon, God. For all helping me to realize that I have friends who care, too.

Seven kids, states away from home, overseas, new marriage, long journeys, new relationships, bad pasts, or even the feeling of loneliness- God is present. In whatever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment