30 April, 2010

Extended Family

My mind is mangled, twisted, torn.
My thoughts are ragged, tired, worn.
My heart yearns for family near and far,
As I wish upon the night's first star.
What to do, what to do.
With each passing moment,
I live.
Free, wild, spirited, loved.
But there are times like these when I'm not sure.
Why do people do the things they do?
Why can't people let go of past?
What happened to forgiveness?
I long for hearts to be sewn together again.
As family draws together,
I pray we never part.
Extending out over mountains and plains,
Family lives strong through every joy and pain.
Can't we live like there's no tomorrow?
Love eachother and have no sorrow?
One day, we will be good at this "family thing"
We will all forget pasts.
We will live for today.
We will love each and every one.
We will be family as God intended.
Until then,
We work, we mend,
We build, we tend.

We love, we live,
We laugh, we hug.
We are family.

1 comment:

  1. We are family. I got all my sisters with me!!

    {Mel says I am an "Uh-Oh Oreo"...black on the inside. So this song comes from THAT place. :)

    ReplyDelete